WHAT IS THE INFLUENCE STYLE INDICATOR?
The Influence Style Indicator (ISI) analyses the preferred individual style to influence others. The tool identifies the dominant influencing style and assists in the development of skills to increase leadership effectiveness.
The model comprises five styles of influence:
- Asserting – Advocates for debate, insisting that your ideas are heard and challenging the ideas of others
- Inspiring – Advocates presented in a sense of shared purpose and possibilities
- Bridging – Advocates connecting, building relationships and coalitions.
- Negotiating – Advocates through commitment, concession and exchange to achieve results that satisfy your own interests.
- Rationalizing – Advocates offering logic, rational reasons and information.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Influence Style Indicator allows to:
- Flex your style of influence to handle a variety of situations
- Improve the ability to connect with others using styles of influence
- Understanding of how influencing styles can impact organizational decision making
- Be able to identify others’ preferred styles