WHAT IS THE DECISION STYLE PROFILE?
The Decision Style Profile (DSP) empowers leaders to make better decisions by enlightening them on how to choose the most effective and appropriate decision-making styles for given situations.
The Decision Style Profile consists of five decision-making styles:
- Directing – when using this style, decision-makers rely on their own judgment, assuming they have all the information needed to make a good decision.
- Fact-Finding – when using the fact-finding style, decision-makers identify specific and necessary information to make the decision.
- Investigating – when using this style, decision-makers share the situation and request suggestions and possible courses of action.
- Collaborating – when applying this style, decision-makers request information from everyone they identify as having an interest in the decision and its outcome.
- Teaming – when using this style, decision-makers share the decision-making process with key stakeholders.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Decision Style Profile allows leaders to:
- Improve their decision-making ability
- Choose the decision style most appropriate to the context
- Develop awareness of how best decision-making practices are rewarded
- Become aware of the five critical decision factors to make effective decisions
- Determine a personal Decision Factor Index score